-
May 27th, 2004, 02:21 PM
#1
moderator
WHAT is YOUR philosophy?
[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
GD
-
May 27th, 2004, 09:58 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I have a very simple philosophy that has served me well for several years. It was an album title by John Cougar (Melloncamp). "Nuttin' Matters, And what if it did". What this means to me is why worry about things that are out of your control, just let them go.
<marquee><font color="red">DON"T WORRY...BE HAPPY</font></marquee>
I think the name of my next band will be [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] "Bent Fender & The Accidents [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
-
May 27th, 2004, 11:30 PM
#3
Inactive Member
1) you reep what you sew
2) an honest mans pillow is his peace of mind
3) be humble and thankful
-
May 28th, 2004, 03:47 PM
#4
moderator
Philosophy, when superficially studied, excites doubt;
when thoroughly explored, it dispels it.
_Bacon
[img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
May 29th, 2004, 02:04 AM
#5
Inactive Member
May sound a bit cliche but live life to the
fullest (you have only one, I think) take
each day as it comes.
and oh yah
What most people find disgusting.....I pay for
Gary Shandling
1991 Grammy Awards
Peace out Wolverine
-
May 29th, 2004, 04:02 PM
#6
moderator
Live and let live.
Treat others the way you like to be treated.
All you need is love! //oo\\
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
May 29th, 2004, 11:17 PM
#7
Inactive Member
BELIEVE HALF YOU SEE -QQ- AND NOTHING YOU READ....
And enjoy your life. For I've never seen a u-haul follow a hearse..................
Everyone have a great weekend
always a
[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] for c/c.............Eric
-
May 30th, 2004, 05:55 AM
#8
Inactive Member
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life.
It goes on!
Todd
-
June 19th, 2004, 07:07 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Must agree with most of the above esp. Gus? Francis Bacon quote. Couldn?t have put it better myself. I?m a great believer in the french philosopher, Rene Guenon and a lot of his ideas are online. He was very much in favour of keeping any demons right at the back of the mind and keeping them there, nicely locked away.
For some strange reason, Modern psychology says we should let them all out and then discuss them interminably with some strange guy who wants your money.
All I can say is that we lived for thousands of years perfectly happily without them.
So keep it simple, and always look on the Bright Side!
-
June 19th, 2004, 07:14 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Oh before I go, should give a plug to my old mate, John Frawley at Skyscript. If your interested in fate and free will and look at the Stars at night, wanderin? what it?s all about. He?s worth spending some time on.
Also taught me Astrology so he?s a kind of mentor too!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks